So we had our first Scrum meeting. If you don’t know what scrum is, this is a great explanation from HBO’s Silicon Valley.
Anyway, we had a bunch of things discussed including
- Handing out tasks and assignments for the week
- Setting up weekly sprint meetings
- Putting forth our 6 month business plan
- Deciding on corporate logos and artwork
- Planning out kickstarter campaigns
- Contacting potential investors
- Discussing contracts and what is contained within them.
I think the new structure was pretty helpful, because some of our guys were pretty confused about whether we were ‘playing around’, or ‘in it for real’.
Let me tell you what I told him: We’re in this full on, super serial business style.